Sunday 27 May 2007

It was a happy birthday for me :-)

Hola!
So yet another year in the life of me has passed by leaving me a year older and hopefully a little bit wiser. It was of course celebrated, as being in Spain isn’t a good reason not to party. The celebration started on Thursday night in Dublin Bay in the good company of some of my Valladolid friends. It was beers, chupitos, laughter and later on a bit of dancing in a couple of the clubs we usually go to. It was a late night (or early depending on your perspectives), but lots and lots of fun.

My birthday then continued after some sleep with several phone calls, text messages and e-mails from everyone back home, as well as a couple of visits to cafés for coffee and then a nice birthday dinner in the evening with Sol and Fiona. We even made a cake with candles in the shape of 23. It was a rather calm evening with good food and drinks, good company and good conversations.

So should I get into a philosophical discussion about how it feels so different to have become 23? ;-) Maybe I’ll skip it. Since birthdays rarely imply waking up the next day and being 10 or more years older, one year doesn’t really feel like a big difference. Are there things that I couldn’t do before reaching this age that I can do now?

But anyway, a big thank you to everyone that remembered me. I had a great day(s).
Hasta luego!
/k

No comments: