Sunday 11 March 2007

the weekend is over soon...

Hola!
Once again the weekend is coming to its end. It’s been a rather relaxing weekend. We were supposed to go out again yesterday, but were all too tired. I just went over to Sabine’s to watch the el clasico game. That was fun. After Messi’s second goal I said ‘he will score a hat trick tonight’, and yes, he did. I was very proud of him. Too bad it wasn’t good enough. I mean, now they’re out of Champions League, they should at least get to win the Primera Division, am I right? Sanda asked me which team I thought should win the Champions now that both Arsenal and Barcelona are out, and I am clueless. I just know which teams I don’t want to win. Some have predicted Valencia, others Milan or Man U. I am not sure if I want either of those teams to become the champions.

Anyway… So on Thursday evening we went to this Erasmus-party with dinner first in a bar – only traditional Spanish food and drinks, all were really delicious except for the calamari. We were about 15 people eating dinner together and then moved on to the night club and danced like there was no tomorrow. Most of the usual gang was there, with a few exceptions, and a few new faces. We even at one point went to the Captain-nightclub opposite our apartment, but it was shit, so never again. It was a cool evening though and the clock was already 4 a.m. when Sol and I walked Sabine home.

Friday we just relaxed, made tacos and watched Blood Diamond with among others Leo DiCaprio speaking with a peculiar accent. Sol and I watched the Departed earlier this week and have had a vote and decided that Leo is a good actor. Both movies were brilliant, although they both contain a lot of unnecessary killing.

Yesterday came the result: the Ark will be representing Sweden in the Eurovision Song Contest! Now on a scale from 1 to 10, how great isn’t that!? Sweden represented by the Ark! ;-)

/k

P.S. Someone pointed out that Mika possibly is a one man band, in which case it was wrong of me to write ‘they’re brilliant’. I think I just assumed that the band playing with him (Mika) in the video to the song ‘Grace Kelly’ was the band which together with the singer were called Mika. Oh well. Then HE’S good. ;-)

No comments: