Wednesday 13 June 2007

Goodbye Valladolid, hello new adventure!

Hola!
In the middle of packing and cleaning and throwing away I thought it might be a good idea to write about my recently decided plans. Well, they’ve been kind of there for a long time now, but anyway… Tomorrow I am leaving Valladolid if everything goes according to plans. And I my never return again. (Well, one should never say never…) It is with some emotionality that I look back on this semester, it has been a few months of good times and good friends. The university was a bit of a disappointment as I’ve already mentioned, but the life here has been to say the very least, relaxing.

Sol left yesterday morning, a sad goodbye, but as I know we will meet again in September it was still ok. And tomorrow I’m off to new adventures. My first destination will be Alicante (as that’s where the bus goes to). It will be interesting to go and rediscover my childhood places around there. We’ve talked about Torrevieja, Benidorm or in fact staying in Alicante. At this very moment we do not know where we’re going to stay. Hopefully I will be back with some information about that. I am looking forward to going, but so much has to be done before leaving, and the fact that it will be supposedly 40 degrees or so in the shadow down there is scary. I am going with Jolita and Fiona will later join us after her exams. Neither of us are very used to that sort of heat, being from Sweden, Lithuania and Ireland. Oh well, give it a week or so and we will get used to it, or will we?

Keep your fingers crossed that everything will work out for us. If it won’t I guess some of you will see me sooner than you think. Now I’m off to say goodbye to some more friends and to the city that has been my home for these past few months.
Hasta luego!
/k

No comments: