Tuesday 1 May 2007

reunions

Hola!
Another rather exciting weekend has passed and my extra days of holidays are coming increasingly close to an end. So what has been going on? First of all Sol and I got IPES visitors in the form of Pernille and Fred. Pernille kept on saying Fred with a French accent, while Fred has been giving us treats from her future stand-up show.

But I left the reunion Saturday morning to go to Madrid and have my own little reunion. Sabine joined me and we spent the day shopping, looking, walking, eating ice cream, eating at KFC (only because it was a fast food restaurant and they don’t exist at all in Valladolid, of course one must take the chance…) and finishing of the day with eating tapas at a place in the area La Latina in central Madrid. Those tapas were funny, ‘cause our waiter chose them for us and thus we had no idea what was coming or what the bill would end up at. It all turned out rather well and apart from having a nice dinner we got a free round of drinks.

After the dinner Sabine and I said goodbye and as she went to the bus station to catch her bus back to Valladolid, I went on to the airport in order to be the welcoming committee for Ainita who was just coming back to Spain after moving to her and Klas new apartment back home in Malmö. As we made our way back to central Madrid and tried our best to find the hostel we finally got a room in, we met a lot of weird people. But we found it after some wandering around the Madrid streets…

We rested a bit and then went out to meet some of Aino’s Sevilla-friends to go dancing. We eventually found ourselves in a small club where they played mixed music, a crazy girl with a huge behind danced for attention and guys just didn’t get it when you said ‘no comprendo’ and turned away. It was anyway fun, but after a whole day of walking my old pains in my right foot started coming back and so we left and began walking back to the hostel.

As Aino convinced me to stay at least until later that Sunday evening we walked around, relaxing and spontaneously shopping at the few shops open. (You would think that in a big city like Madrid the shops would be open also on Sundays but no, so don’t go there leaving your shopping ‘til the last day…) We ended up sitting in one Irish bar after another, watching football games and discussing everything between heaven and earth (or maybe rather between the first game of the season to the last… ;-) In between we had some tapas in what I called ‘fattigast i kvarteret”, but that was of course not the correct Spanish name…

In the end we ran to the bus station and I went back to Valladolid, while Aino made her way back to her other friends.

I got some great news from back home during that Saturday afternoon, Malmö beat AIK 4-0 at home and seeing as I had people there I of course got live score results. It was really complete happiness, now if we could only beat all the other teams in the same way that would be great. Aino, who had seen the game on television, described every one of them 4 goals and it seems like we put up a show worth watching. :-D As I write we are playing the Swedish cup and are leading 5-0 a bit in on the second half of the game. I dare guess that we will win the match. :-)

Another week awaits, or maybe rather a few days. On Thursday my cinema course paper is due and we’ll see how I manage in my writing.

Besos and hasta luego!
/k

No comments: