Monday 23 April 2007

Annie, wonderful sunshine and Pucela en la primera


Hola!
After a weekend of sunshine, parties, ANNIE and Real Valladolid winning the second division and thus moving up to the Primera Division I felt it was time to write something again. It has been crazy. And warm. Incredibly warm. But obviously not too warm. ;-) So many coffees have been enjoyed in the sun and a lot of ice cream has been purchased.

Anyway, Annie arrived last Thursday in the evening and we spent most of the night talking and catching up (some news more chocking than others…) and then it was time for the big day – Annie’s birthday. Some shopping and sitting in the sun before going out first to Dublin Bay and then to Intermedio – where we got a free bottle of champagne (compliments to Jolita’s boss) and lastly to a club at Plaza Mayor. The girls, Sol and Annie, even got me to buy a dress during the day which I wore in the evening. (Does anyone remember the last time I wore a dress? I sure don’t…)

The Saturday was spent enjoying the sun (yet again) and doing some additional shopping and ice cream eating. In the evening Annie and I went out to a few more clubs just because we really couldn’t come up with something better to do and olé Spanish people behave weirdly sometimes. In one of the clubs that we went to people were particularly weird, or maybe I should say peculiar. Things just aren’t the way we’re used to from good old Sweden. The funniest was when Annie pretended not to speak any language but Swedish to get rid of a guy and the weirdest when a guy said ‘if you are from Russia I will be very happy…’. Oh well, this is Spain, what can I say?

On sunday we took a long walk and continued to enjoy the hot weather (in between we listened to the crappy game on the crappy radio, I still believe that we will win the league this year and I’ll soon get to why…). In the evening Sol was incredibly restless and asked us to join her for a walk. It turned out that it was the day that Real Valladolid were ready for the Primera Division and people were completely loco, but happy, singing, bathing in the fountain at Plaza Zorilla and one guy even climbed up on the statue on Plaza Mayor to hang a purple and white flag in the hand of the man standing there. We were all quite afraid that the guy would fall down and die, but it turns out it really is true that you are invincible when your team has won…

We finished the night singing Eurovision songs with Jolita and Vaida on Plaza Mayor in different languages. Well, I guess one has to make a fool of oneself on Plaza Mayor at some point.

Early today Annie and I walked to the bus station and she was off back home. I went back home to rest a bit more before waking up for real. On the way we met several late party-goers on their way home after what I guess had been a really long celebration. I understand them.

After some additional hours of sleep I eventually woke up and went out for a coffee with Sol. Sabine called to let us know and to ask us to join her in celebrating the Real Valladolid team at Plaza Mayor later as they were going there to celebrate their winning with their fans. The whole plaza was completely purple and white and when the team eventually arrived there was endless screaming of happiness. ‘Estamos en la primera’ ropades om och om igen.

This is when I realised that since I missed the celebrations after our last gold medal in Malmö due to some stupid consequences, we’re going to win this year and nothing will stop me from celebrating (as I have now seen the way to do it… ;-) Selfish? Maybe. But then again football is a huge part of my life and Malmö FF is in my heart and on my mind most of the time. We have a good enough team and if we don’t let old ghosts scare us we will do a good season.

After a long weekend it feels wrong to go back to the university tomorrow and have classes. Study? Me? What? Oh, and yet again a Spanish person has mistaken me for Spanish after talking to me. I am impressed.

Anyway, hasta luego!

/k

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

grattis till utklassningen av AIK!