Tuesday 3 April 2007

me and Mr cold

Hola!
My visitors left this morning and I’m alone in the apartment. Well, I’m actually not alone. I have my dear companion Mr Cold. You see I felt something strange in my throat the other day and yesterday I woke up without a voice. Me and my non-existing voice (and Emma and Marlene of course ;-) went to the pharmacy to get something, anything really, that could help. I did my best to explain in Spanish with my non-existing voice that I needed something and the nice pharmacist gave me a box with pills. Those pills were magic. My voice came back in the afternoon, but my dear Mr Cold is still with me. It seems he likes here and won’t disappear even when I tell him he’s not welcome.

The weekend has still, cold or not, been wonderful. Friday evening in Madrid (seeing as I had been to a birthday party on Thursday evening I was needless to say unable to go too early), hanging out, eating out and going out. I spoke Spanish to some half Mexican-half Spanish guys and remembered once again how much I like the Mexican accent. :-D It is so much easier to understand!

On Saturday after very few hours sleep we went to Valladolid again for a quick nap before going out again… One guy asked me if I was from Valladolid (seeing as he wasn’t, he was from Galicia if my memory isn’t mistaking…), which I thought was pretty hilarious. What Spanish person in his/her right mind would guess that after hearing me speak? Maybe it was a combination of understanding him (well, I did, after saying que like three times…) and not having blonde hair like everyone else in my company…

Sol went to Madrid to meet her parents on Sunday and they will all be coming here on Friday. Full house? Well, why not…

Otherwise the Semana Santa (Easter week) is going on loud and clear – marches are passing my window all hours of the day and drumming their drums and chanting. I know that this is a religious country and all, but would it really be too much to ask to have their noisy parades during siesta hours or later? Some of us use our holidays for sleeping!

And soon comes the day. This Saturday. Saturday the 7th of April. The day that Allsvenskan (the Swedish football league) starts (or actually it starts the day before, but who cares, it starts for us on Saturday…). Malmö starts with an away game against Elfsborg (last year’s winners) and we will do a good game. I am just so bothered and annoyed that I can’t be there and cheer for my team. I was thinking earlier today (in between trying to breath like a normal healthy person and napping) that if this first game would have been a home game, then would I have gone home to be there? Right now it feels as though I could have thrown myself on a plane right this minute just to be able to go and scream (with my still rather non-existing voice) and cheer and watch them. It is hard to be so far away sometimes. Guess I’ll have to listen to the game on web radio. I sure hope that everyone at home watches the game on TV at the very least – since it is broadcasted on channel 4 I think – and report back to me. ;-)

So, that’s all for now.
/k

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry sister, you'll get no help from me this weekend, thus no report on the first game. I'll be busy eating sweets and spending time with my homecoming buddy. but knowing you and the rest of your friends, I don't think me not participating in this particular event will be a problem... ;-)
get better soon!
love you!