Saturday 3 February 2007

Final destination: Valladolid

Hola!

Today we left a wonderful (and cheap) hostel in central Madrid, and Madrid in itself, for the final destination and our home the next few months - Valladolid! The bus ride was okay (went by Athletico Madrid’s football stadium!!) and the closer we came a feeling in my stomach started making itself noticed. No, it wasn’t one of worry and distrust in my new location, rather the opposite. That everything will work out and be okay. The taxi ride from the bus station to our new hostel showed us that the city is much smaller than Madrid (dah!) and that people seem to actually live here and have sort of ‘normal’ lives. Okay, I know, people live in Madrid as well, but the city is so big that it is hard to see the – how should I put it? – normal lives of normal people… I’m a bit blurry in my description I know, but I’m sure I will come back with more thoughts on that later as I get to know Valladolid and go back to visit Madrid (Miguelito has promised me a guided tour!).

Our first stop in Valladolid was ‘Harlem Café’, just opposite our hostel (the hostel didn’t open until after a while), a nice place where they show rugby on TV and the clientele consisted of mainly men. After a couple of cervezas we went to our hostel and carried our heavy suitcases up the stairs (it seems lifts are a luxury in Spain, and that it was stupid to bring so much stuff here – my shoulders are broken :-( ). It was no problem to stay for longer and guess what!? They have wireless in our room! That was definitely a nice surprise.

Tonight we’re going out for dinner and maybe some more beers and tomorrow we will explore our new home city (and try to find our new home football stadium! ;-)

Will be back soon with further details! Take care
Adíos for now/k

No comments: