Friday 16 February 2007

getting used to watching dubbed programs

Hola!
The life here is starting to shape itself and today we went to our first lecture, although it was merely a try to see if we would understand anything and think it was interesting. The class, english contemporary literature, was in English (yeah baby!) although it was apparent that the teacher was struggling somewhat when it came to expressing herself. She did say some pretty weird things, but I figure it might be because of her lingual problems or even another culture clash. I really think that a course in English lit probably looks quite different in another country and thus it can be a study in Spanish culture and their way of doing things at the same time as an update of the literature which is out there. Oh well, we will see how it goes I guess.

Also I found out today that I, as I thought I would, ended up in the beginners Spanish course. It is probably for the best, I can only bull shit my way through some things and this might actually lead to me learning the language properly. (Let's hope so)

Am starting to get used to watching Friends dubbed into Spanish. It's kind of freaky how easy it is to get used to it. Now it is more a reaction of 'yeah, friends is on!' rather than reacting on the fact that it is in Spanish. Although watchinbg something in English is a great relief and so yesterday Sol and I rented 'You, me and Dupree' on dvd and saw it in its original version - English! I was laughing really hard, so see it, it's really funny. Owen Wilson truly at his best!

Oh I almost forgot. Sol said something yesterday worth mentioning for anyone who needs a motivation for buying shoes: "to buy shoes is the same as buying a bus card - you need it for transportation!"

And lastly, if anyone believes that my dreams come true (the actual dreams that I dream at night) then Arsenal will play Roma in the finals of Champion's League and win 1-0. But if you bet on it, don't blame me if it turns out to be false. ;-)
Adíos for now,
/k
p.s. a quick comment on the fact that Zlatan Ibrahimovic has turned down playing for the Swedish national team from now on. What can I say? I am not surprised. It is a bit sad seeing as he is a good player and seems to have found his brilliance once again, but if he's not motivated to play then do we really want him in our team?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.