Wednesday 14 February 2007

I miss the Swedish way of things!

Hola!
The other day we found a wireless network in my room in our apartment, but it only seems to work sometimes, so internet café's and hopefully the university's computers will be home to my internet needs. (which are rather big I must say, Spanish TV don't offer many alternative things to do...)

It is still rather confusing with how it works with choosing courses and having to look up professors and talk to them and all that. Today there was an information meeting in the morning which cleared up some questions, but oh how I miss the Swedish way of things! It is truly so that one gets completely patriotic when one is abroad. Also we did a test today to determine which level our Spanish is, and, even though I hate to admit it, my result isn't going to be beautiful. But as Sol says, we have a lot to learn and that is a good thinbg, 'cause we will for sure learn a lot! (Gotta keep on thinking positively...)

At least in all the confusion it seems we're doing something right as the guys from last saturday told us one should get to know bartenders, and we've already started to do that... ;-) Another one last friday at the Irish Dublin Bay. (He even recognised us on the street and stopped us for a quick chat..)

Otherwise we have been shopping a wee bit. A new jacket for me as the green one broke, a new wallet - the old one was going to break any day - and a pair of earrings 'cause let's face it, they're necessary for survival! ;-)

Life's moving forward slowly but still, and each day is full of new words and experiences. Although there have already been many misunderstandings and troubles it's still great to be here. All's gonna work out, today I'm positive! (and find it necessary to find courses given in English 'cause only Spanish will be a problem. For sure!)
/k

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello
Kajsa here come a
link to my homepage aboute Fiber Art
Sofia A

www.sarojas.dinstudio.se

Anonymous said...

Hello
Kajsa here come a
link to my homepage aboute Fiber Art
Sofia A

www.sarojas.dinstudio.se

Sólveig said...

¿Como estás?