Tuesday 27 February 2007

My professor is a cartoon!

Hola!
I figured Sundays were boring and all that, they are at least relaxing in comparison to Mondays. English for scientific and technical purposes, Spanish and then again off to school in the evening to attend my first (Sol's fourth?) lesson in European integration history. My god! That's all I'm going to say. I was sitting there looking completely like a questionmark (I'm sure of it) trying to get at least the general idea of what the professor was saying. I think I wrote down one word every 5 minutes. This course will not be a vacation at all and the professor in charge of it speaks Spanish really, really fast and looks like a cartoon while lecturing. I think I won't be getting a lot of new input to my knowledge well from her.

In contrast to it though, we have the English class which deals with pre-writing activities at the moment. We had another class of it today and all I want to say is 'Hey lady, listen! I have been writing academic papers for 2,5 years now and all of this that you're talking about, well, it's all unnecessary.' But then I remember that we are in Spain, and in Spain the teacher (or professor) is always right. (Even when it is obvious to anyone that they aren't...) They almost even get a bit angry if you question them! Completely loco!

As for the Spanish class, there wasn't much drama going on as to the little soap opera I was talking about in previous blog entries. Maybe I was to fast in my judgement of the situation? Or maybe something has happened when I wasn't there. Who knows! I spent my class talking to a really nice Irish girl asking questions like 'Con quién hablas espanol?' (with whom do you talk Spanish?) and 'Qué desayunas normalmente?' (what do you normally eat for breakfast?) etc etc. We have really nice conversations in class as you might understand. ;-)

But the Italian guy who played one of the leading roles in my Spanish class soap opera have started to talk to me in like hallways and other places around campus. Today he stopped me and asked what I was looking for as I looked really confused. I thought that was kind of nice of him. Even if I was only confused 'cause I was on the wrong floor, and that he couldn't help me with it.

Otherwise Sol and I (especially Sol) take every opportunity to sit outside and enjoy the nice warm weather. Today it wasn't necessary to wear a jacket even! I long for the following weeks when they say it will become even warmer.

Beccis I envy you! I also want to go to the premiere of Allsvenskan! If I was in Sweden I would have come up to go with you. But most probably we would have had to sit on different sides of the stadium... ;-)

Well, well. Tonight our next visitor arrives - Sol's boyfriend. He is bringing loads of movies and tv-shows for us - in English! ;-) I know, that will not increase our knowledge of the Spanish language. But we are increasing it as we speak anyway just by being here so I think we deserve some relaxing time with some good movies. Am I right?
/k

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hola!
Hej kusin du har ju inte bloggat på flera dar skärpning!!
Men du kanske jobbar på ett jätte grattis till din gamla kusin och lille bror vi som fyller år på samma dag.!-)
Jag pratade med din kära mor idag nu ska jag sms'a din bror.
Ha det
kram från per-åke