Friday 2 March 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY (one day later)

Hola!
Yes, Perzza, you’re right. I haven’t been blogging in a few days, but that has been because I have been busy going to school, to a football game and so on. But seeing as it really was your birthday yesterday (together with my bro) and because I couldn’t call you (I hate the Spanish mobile system!) although it truly was a big day, here comes an official HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I am sorry I couldn’t be there, but I do hope you had a great day!

Now, as I mentioned above, I went to my first football game of the year and in Spain. It was Real Valldolid vs Deportivo de la Coruña in the Spanish cup and oh my! This was truly a football game! 2 red cards, the crowd chanting ‘Coloccini, hijo de puta’, the referee almost getting a ‘tjottablängare’ (a beating) and people throwing empty bottles towards the away team bench. I, Sol and her boyfriend, 4 Irish guys and 1 German (or Austrian, don’t know where he was from, he spoke Spanish…) sat and tried to blend in with the purplewhite supporters. They didn’t sing (but the Deportivo-fans did, they sang very familiar melodies which I didn’t dare to sing a long to…), they screamed. And it wasn’t really nice things either. They used words which translated would never exist in the MFF context.

Coloccini (whom the Valldolid-supporters didn’t like too much) got a red card in the first half and in the second half someone saw him standing in the players’ entrance and some Spanish kids, as well as the guys in our company went over and continued the chanting from the first half. The German guy yelled ‘Tarantini, un foto!’ and Tarantini was mildly put not too excited.

In the end the score was 1-1 (at least we got to see a goal and see the supporters happy), but that didn’t matter since Deportivo had killed Pucela (Valladolid) in the previous game with 4-1. It was great to go to the stadium still and I immediately felt at home as I often do at football stadiums. I couldn’t full-heatedly support Valladolid though. There isn’t room for them in my football heart, but of course I wanted them to win instead of Deportivo! Oh well…

Moving on… My on-going episode guide about the soap-opera in my Spanish class. On Wednesday the German girl spoke to yet another Italian guy (what is it with her and all the Italians?) but then Italian guy nr 1 went and fetched a chair so he could sit next to her. Watching his turf maybe? Yesterday the German girl arrived late and couldn’t get a seat where she normally sits, Italian guy nr 1 laughed at her. Then the Italian guy she spoke to on Wednesday sat next to her instead. It was obvious she wanted to sit next to Italian guy nr 1, so maybe things are changing? Maybe he has directed his attention elsewhere while she has realised that she wants what she can’t have…

Yesterday evening, to Sabine’s great delight, we went to our first Erasmus party. We started off at the Dublin Bay, Sabine, Fiona, Jolita and I, and after a few hours, a few beers and a few more people arriving (an Argentinean guy and three people from Romania) we continued to a few nightclubs. As the evening/night continued we all spoke great Spanish! Most of us (except Sabine and the Argentinean guy) are in the same group in Spanish – initial, but still oh my how we spoke! I had a really long conversation with the Argentinean guy, who was really nice by the way, and we really understood each other (most of the time). I have started to yet again consider my original plan of taking a shot in the morning before class so I will feel more comfortable speaking Spanish. We’ll see if I’ll stick to it…

All in all it’s been a good week so far, but I am really happy it’s weekend and no more running to the university every day. (It’s crazy, they expect us to be there every single day! Loco!) I might have a go at an exercise that we got in our English literature class – to write a campus novel (not because I know exactly what it is, but I’m sure that will work out anyway, somehow. At least it would be in English…) or just continue reading about great football players in ‘Offside’. We’ll see what happens.

‘Til next time,
ha luego!
/k

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tjena Kajsa!
Nu måste jag berätta att nu har drabbningarna i SM Elitserien, börjat vart tog Malmö vägen???? Jag vi får väl hoppas att det går lika bra för FÄRJESTAD i år åxå...
Kramar m Nettan