Monday 12 March 2007

Waking up is hard to do...

Hola!
Oh my God! Waking up sure is hard to do when one has changed one’s rhythm. I tend to fall asleep way too late and then wake up before noon? Come on! But don’t think I want more classes in the evenings. I just want less classes, period. I know, I am complaining about this a lot, but it really bugs me. I am used to classes 2-3 times a week, and then only for like 2 hours at a time. Now I have 16 hours of classes spread out during the whole week! Completely loco!

Anyway. To make everyone jealous back home in Sweden I can say that the sun has permanently arrived it seems and it’s hot, hot, hot! (Well, maybe I am exaggerating some, but yesterday Sol and I were out walking and finishing off with a coffee outside on Plaza Mayor, just relaxing, sitting in the sun, without jackets… ;-) So the weather is a big plus.

We also saw Last king of Scotland yesterday and my God, someone should have warned us about them really disgusting scenes near the end of it. (Maybe that was why I had problems falling a sleep??)

Today there will be no continuation of the soap opera in my Spanish class, ‘cause none of the main characters chose to make an appearance. (Although I saw the Italian guy nr 1 later in the evening, so he was not sick just too lazy to come! Ha! – whatever, who cares…) And I was anyway so tired, so it was probably good that I had to put all my energy on actually learning stuff.

After the Spanish class I had my Spanish coffee with not only Sabine, but also with Jolita and Fiona. We discussed last week’s Erasmus party on Thursday and all agreed that although it would be great if we all spoke Spanish to each other, it would at the same time be difficult as neither of us would be able to have a conversation stretching further than small talk. This is a huge dilemma! I mean if we would speak more Spanish to each other we would probably get better at some point (possibly soon) but at the same time we all of course want to have proper conversations right now as well. In the end it was decided that Jolita would bring her friends who only speak Spanish more often, then we will be forced to speak.

Today we finally received the books for our literature class. That means we will now also have to read them. No more holiday and time wasting in front of the computer in other words…

Oh well.

In the cinema course we got to see the shower scene in Psycho. Fiona and I were very excited afterwards and talked about how much fun it was watching old movies. I mean, they speak in a funny way (“We all go a little mad sometimes”, “Oh mother, blood, mother, oh no” and so on) and when the knife was supposed to cut the lady in the shower it didn’t even touch her skin!

On the way home Sol and I decided to eat out as we were really, really hungry, so we went to this Mexican place we’ve been wanting to try out. We ordered a huge plate of nachos with guacamole (so delicious!) and some tacos with something we didn’t understand. It turned out that the part we didn’t understand was fat, pure fat, in a sauce. Needless to say we didn’t finish that, but the nachos were truly wonderful!

Otherwise I’ve now got my headset, so I’m just sitting here looking cool, waiting for someone to call me! ;-) Just joking… But it will be one way of contacting me from now on. (Even if my internet still is messing around at times…)

So, that’s all for now. Over and out.
/k

No comments: